Originally at https://searchenginewatch.com/2016/04/21/new-research-reveals-enterprise-content-marketing-trends-in-2016/

Joe Pulizzi has released the CMI’s latest research into enterprise content marketing, and it’s well worth sharing, so I thought I’d discuss a few of the highlights (or lowlights, in some cases). 

The study reveals that the vast majority of marketers have a long way to go before they become truly effective, with less than one in 20 reaching a level of maturity that pretty much guarantees success.

If you’re in need of some facts and figures to support a business case for content marketing, or are simply curious to discover what your B2B peers are up to, then pull up a cushion and take some notes.

Effectiveness

Just 22% of enterprise content marketers felt that they were doing the business, with the field still trying to achieve a level of effectiveness.

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 08.52.12

There is much work to be done. One of the biggest issues is how success is – or is not – being measured.

Clarity

Accurate measurement is the holy grail of marketing, but achieving data nirvana is a big problem for content teams.

Just 29% of marketers said they had clarity about what success looked like. The other 71% are presumably struggling with strategy, or have a lack of visibility over how they are performing.

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 08.52.43

Measurement remains a huge issue for many content marketing teams. It can be complicated, but it’s absolutely essential that the right steps are taken to figure things out.

A lot of enterprise marketers support sales teams…

For Your Full SEO Site Report visit http://nationwideseo.com.au/site-report/